Homemade Pumpkin Pie – , just in time for holiday
Ingredients for one pumpkin pie:
1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
1 large egg
3 egg yolks
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly, and very finely ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 tsp Chinese 5-spice (or to sub: a small pinch each of ground star anise, ground cloves, and ground white pepper)
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
9-inch unbaked pie crust
Cook time 425 for 15 mins down to 350 for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Video coming soon!