This is another great dinner idea. Easy recipe with a delicious cut of meat, the chuck roast. Follow my recipe and enjoy the meal.
Pot roasts are some of the easiest, most delicious recipes out there that deliver consistent great flavor and a tender, juicy cut of meat every time. While there are some people that only put potatoes, onions and carrots in their roasts, but I’m a big fan of green peppers too, so I put a few of them in there- just make this beef pot roast your own. Take the time to slice your ingredients before you start too, half the fun of making this dish is assembling it how you want it. The best part is that it’s quick and easy- less than 30 minutes to prepare, 2 hours to cook the roast and 2 hours to finish cooking the veggies.
All the Ingredients You Need:
5 1/2 lbs Chuck Roast
2 lbs Red Potatoes
1 cup Baby -Cut Carrots
1 tsp Mrs Dash -Garlic and Herb
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Whole White Onion
1/2 Sliced Bell Pepper
1 Pack Brown Gravy Mix
Here’s some steps to the easiest chuck roast oven recipe there is:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s important to do this step first, however small it is, so that your oven is properly heated when you start so you aren’t wasting your time later.
- Take your roast and salt and pepper both sides, then take some flour and rub it all over, be sure to coat the roast evenly.
- Then you’re going to put it in a skillet with oil to keep it from sticking, cook it at a high enough temperature that you don’t have to cook it long to get it a good sear on top and bottom. If you skip this part, your roast won’t have any crust later, as it won’t develop when your baking it.
- Take your onions, and layer them in the bottom of the pan with the green peppers, somewhat evenly; leaving some for the top of the roast later.
- Right about now, your chuck roast should be ready to put in the pan, just lay it on top of the onions. Put it in the oven for about two hours, then remove it from the oven using potholders.
- Pour the juice from the roast after it’s been cooking into a measuring cup, and pour the gravy mix into the broth mixture, mixing it thoroughly and pouring it back into the pan.
- Add potatoes and carrots around the edges of the pan, making sure to put them in the broth/gravy mixture. Return to the oven for two hours to ensure that everything is tender.
- After you’re pleased with the tenderness of your vegetables; simply cut into this juicy and delicious roast and serve it with potatoes and carrots on the side.
This excellent, easy recipe is perfect for the family, it has the perfect balance of texture and flavor, and it will fill everyone in your family up. Try this easy pot roast recipe made with beef roast today!