If there’s one thing that everyone loves, it’s tacos. Chicken tacos are one of our very favorite foods. They’re easy to make, you can pile on the ingredients, and please the whole family. The best part about our chicken taco recipe is that it’s an easy taco recipe. You aren’t going to waste a lot of time trying to shred your chicken, mix all your ingredients, or even waste time trying to decide how to go about making them. All you have to do is follow our easy recipe and you’ll have a great family experience making these delicious and nutritious tacos for your family.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACOS
Starting with the best fresh ingredients is key with this recipe. If you haven’t got fresh ingredients, you aren’t going to be as happy as you could be with the outcome- and this means providing a full topping bar for your family so that they can have all the ingredients that they need to have the tastiest tacos out there. In our professional opinion, having each and every ingredient is just as important as how you cook the chicken, so make sure that you take the time to prepare your ingredients in a way that makes them easy as possible to use- and have plenty for everyone.
Imagine delicious corn tortillas with the delicious taste of buffalo wings– without all the hassle of breading, dredging and preparing wings- plus you’ll cut out costs and spend a lot less than you would trying to purchase a bunch of buffalo wings.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this dish properly:
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
8 – 12 corn tortillas
4 or 5 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup of “8” brand hot sauce- or whichever sauce is your personal favorite
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup melted butter
For the toppings:
extra hot wing sauce (just bring the bottle)
celery, diced (about four stalks)
lettuce (just cut up a whole head)
blue cheese dressing (we like to pile it on)
two avocados, sliced or mashed with lime and salt
lime wedges (between three and four limes)
How we make this dish at our house:
1. Mix hot sauce, garlic powder and black pepper in with your melted butter
2. Dredge the chicken strips in the mixture
3. Heat a skillet up over medium high heat, with a marginal amount of oil, to guarantee that your chicken won’t stick.
4. Add your chicken to the pan, cooking it until it’s browned on both sides and well done- between 5-7 minutes, depending on how hot your skillet is.
5. Remove the chicken and add it to a plate and let it rest.
6. We like to take our chicken taco recipe to the next level and heat up our tortillas in the same pan that we cooked the chicken in (you might want to wipe it out with a paper towel, otherwise you’ll have to let them dry after you’ve cooked them)
7. While your tortillas are warming in the skillet, you’ll need to chop the celery finely, as well as the lettuce, avocados (just cut them in half, take out the seeds, scoop the insides out and either slice or mash them) and cilantro, and take the time to cut your limes into four or five wedges.
8. Add the chicken pieces to your tortillas, then have your family put all of their favorite toppings on top, garnishing with blue cheese and extra hot sauce, and serve!
Why We Love Buffalo- Style Chicken Tacos
This easy taco recipe is perfect for a large group- it’s easy to double, easy to cook, and works wonders for a whole family, because everyone is sure to enjoy them. These easy chicken tacos have all your favorite flavors- they’re spicy and tangy, and the blue cheese adds the perfect compliment to this delicious recipe. You get plenty of nutritious veggies and protein, as well as filling meal that keeps everyone full for hours.
Enjoy this Hands On Easy Chicken Taco Recipe!