Surely, you’ve had chicken cordon bleu. Definitely one of the classiest chicken dishes out there, with all of the flavors to die for- you’ll get a burst of cheese, the twang of delicious garlic and parsley, and an amazing ham flavor you’ll love.
This easy recipe for chicken cordon bleu makes you look like a professional in the kitchen- you’ll be able to whip it up in minutes, prepare a wide variety of dishes to complement it (like broccoli and cauliflower, mixed vegetables, okra, even mashed potatoes, rice, or even pasta if you’d like) to make a perfect dinner date or feed your family. This recipe is designed for two- but it’s easy enough to double for a family of four, and you’ll love the way that it tastes and the way that it pleases your family.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
It might look exceptionally difficult to prepare this recipe, but you’ll be amazed at how simple it actually is. It’s simply a process of preparing the right ingredients, cutting and preparing large chicken breasts, and stuffing the pockets created efficiently. You’ll have to guarantee that you’ve layered everything well enough to bread your chicken and create chicken pockets that fry up nicely and look great.
What You’ll Need for this Amazingly Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe:
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
2 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
4 slices Swiss cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
4 slices of deli ham
½ teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Prepare Chicken Cordon Bleu:
1. First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating, you have to begin cutting your chicken breasts with a butterfly knife, being careful not to cut anything excessively. We recommend cutting the chicken breast as evenly as possible, filleting each portion equally. Sometimes, you might need to take a rolling pin or tenderizing mallet and flatten your chicken breasts.
2. Season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Flip them over and do the same thing. In a small pan, start adding oil and butter, setting the heat to low. Add bread crumbs to the pan, and toast them until they’re golden brown and delicious. If you’d like, you can add Italian seasoning for flavor to your bread crumbs.
3. Break your eggs into a bowl, and beat them until they’re smooth with a whisk. Put flower in another bowl.
4. Next, prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. You have to line the pan, because it’s imperative that your chicken doesn’t stick to the pan.
5. Take your chicken breasts, and layer with ham and cheese (about two pieces of each. Fold over the chicken breasts into a log or wedge shape and dip into egg mixture, and then in breading.
6. Sometimes, you’ll need to secure the chicken with toothpicks, especially if you want them to look “prettier”, because it helps hold them together. Just make sure that you remove them before you serve your dish.
7. Place your chicken on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with more seasoning (generally salt and pepper), and put some parsley on top.
8. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until it reaches 180 degrees internally.
WHY COOK THIS EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE?
If you’ve got someone to impress, you’ll look like a professional when you plate these delicious entrees with your other vegetable or starch choices. They’re delicious, go with practically anything, and are sure to please just about anyone. If you like other types of fillings, you can experiment and see what you like best, changing cheeses and meat choices, or even adding vegetables or other types of seasoning to change up the flavor. We’ve even added pulled pork on the inside, and created Chicken Stuffed Barbeque dishes- which go great with barbeque beans and rice. Experiment and have fun- this dish is sure to please and everyone’s going to love it.